Good Kitchen Design Online means having a layout for your kitchen that provides an efficient and pleasant area in which to prepare meals and do related tasks. Understanding luxury kitchen cabinets the kitchen work triangle concept and basic kitchen layout types is a valuable starting point to create a kitchen online which you want.
The kitchen work triangle consists of the distance between the sink, refrigerator and range or cooktop. Each one of these areas becomes a center of attention in the kitchen and forms the three points of a triangle with different ranges between them. Done correctly, proper Kitchen Design Online will give you the most efficient food preparation area layout in your kitchen.
Whether you’re remodeling a present kitchen or building a new one, an efficient Kitchen Design Online means that your work triangle decreases the number of steps the cook must take between the three areas during meal preparation and cleaning. The whole distance from the sink to the oven to the refrigerator and back to the sink should be not less than 12 feet total nor more than 27 feet. Each triangle leg should measure between 4 and 9 feet in total. The kitchen isles should be at least 40 to 72 ins wide to allow visitors to maneuver easily and for appliances to be opened with ease.
When selecting the floor plan for your Kitchen Design Online, here are basic kitchen themes to consider:
- L-Shaped Kitchen : this is the most popular kitchen design. It consists of a long leg and a shorter one and this type of design can be used in small and large kitchens. The L-shaped kitchen gives you the opportunity of having a center island depending on the space available. In general, this design will have 2 or 3 appliances on one wall. The most common arrangement is to offer the refrigerator at one end, kids or cooktop at the other end with the sink located in the middle. This model of kitchen generally provides good traffic flow.
- Double L-Shaped Kitchen : this kitchen design has a lot of cabinet space and plenty of counter space. This design is used in large kitchens with two cooks, there are two or more entering areas, which can cause traffic flow problems. To avoid some of these problems, create two separate working areas on each L of the kitchen so that work flow does not get interrupted by human traffic.
- U-Shaped Kitchen : this Kitchen Design Online shape has three walls instead of two, and the sink usually is situated in the middle wall section. The refrigerator and range or cooktop are usually privately walls opposite each other. The U-shaped kitchen design gives room for ample counter space, and you have three walls for cabinets and appliances. This kitchen layout tends to make a working triangle that is very efficient.
The working triangle for the U-shaped kitchen should be around 26 feet or less. The only problem with this type of Kitchen Design Online is that sometimes the two U corners are not used appropriately. Make sure you buy the appropriate storage items for the corner cabinets created by the U shape design. The U shape design can also create dark kitchens because of the shape and the number of cabinets. Using skylights, large windows, lots of under-cabinet task lighting and light colors will help keep the kitchen bright with sufficient light to see what you’re doing.
- G-Shaped Kitchen : this type of kitchen shape is becoming very popular, and it gives you a fourth wall to use. The G-shape can be used if you have more than one cook in the house. This fourth wall section can be used for a counter, island and storage space. With this kitchen layout you can have two basins, perhaps two cooktops or two ranges. You could have two working triangles — one for sink, cook top or range and refrigerator another working triangle with another sink, built-in grill and cooktop. It allows two cooks to do different things at the same time and entertain large groups of people.
- Single-Wall Kitchen : if you do not have much space, you may only be able to have an I-shaped kitchen. No worries. Be sure the sink is put between the refrigerator and the oven. Locate the refrigerator so that the refrigerator door opens away from the kitchen sink. This is a quite typical arrangement for small Kitchen Design Online where narrow spaces exists.
- Galley-Shaped Kitchen : this type of kitchen design is more usual in apartments or in homes where space is limited. It is often called the corridor style. The kitchen cabinets and the appliances can be situated on opposite walls for better work flow. Place kids or cooktop on one side of the kitchen along one wall and the refrigerator and sink on the opposite wall.
To eliminate traffic issues in this type of Kitchen Design Online, one entry is often closed off. This type of layout should only be applied by one cook. If you want to maintain both exits, place the refrigerator near the end of the galley kitchen for single handed access. This way, your family and friends can reach the refrigerator without interfering with the person who is cooking.
If you need extra storage in the galley kitchen, install tall kitchen cabinets that go entirely to the hall. Wall storage is necessary. Buy a stepladder to use when you need to reach the upper corner of the cabinets, and place the items you use less frequently on the high shelves.
By understanding the kitchen work triangle concept and how you want your kitchen to operate, you’ll be more likely to create the kind of Kitchen Design Online you’ve always wanted. Today, kitchens are often seen as the switch of the home as well as a social center for relatives and buddies. Planning your kitchen and doing Kitchen Design Online can be a challenge, but the rewards you’ll receive are very much worth the time and effort.